This summer, Canadian hip-hop crew BACKBURNER is making a few stops in the Eastern provinces and a couple of US cities for good measure. Specifically, Jesse Dangerously, Wordburglar and Toolshed (Timbuktu & Choke) will be accompanied by MPC-wizard Fresh Kils for their performances in the following cities:
* Toronto, ON – July 24 – Rancho Relaxo w/ More or Les, The Extremities & Peter Project
* Montreal, PQ – July 29 – Le Salon Vert w/ More or Les
* Ottawa, ON – July 30 – Lotus Lounge (Big Thursdays) w/ Kwizz Massturrz
* London, ON – Aug 1 – Rum Runners’ Lounge
* Bayfield, ON – Aug 2 – Black Dog Neighborhood Pub & Bistro w/ Wise Boyz Noize & DJ Hullewood
* Pittsburgh, PA – Aug 4 – Shadow Lounge (Human Nature Tuesdays)
* Portland, ME – Aug 5 – The Big Easy (Speak Ya Clout) w/ The Extremities (Fresh Kils & Young Fes)
* Fredericton, NB – Aug 7 – TO BE CONFIRMED w/ The Extremities
* Halifax, NS – Aug 8 – The Seahorse Tavern w/ The Extremities & Windom Earle
* Moncton, NB – Aug 9 – The Oxygen w/ The Extremities
* Sydney, NS – Aug 13 – Governor’s Pub w/ The Extremities & Sick Kookies
* Halifax, NS – Aug 15 – Coconut Grove (LIFTED Special) w/ The Extremities, Ambition, Ghettosocks, Jay Bizzy & Becky Simon
New CD Releases from Wordburglar, More or Les & Fresh Kils
The opening show in Toronto (July 24th) is an extra-special night for the Burner, as it sees the launch of not only the AWESOME SHOWS, GREAT TOUR! but two amazing albums from our roster. More or Les and Fresh Kils have collaborated with DJs Uncle Fester and Killa Jewel of the 1200 Hobos to create The Les-Kils EP. Watch for the video of its lead single, “Pop N Chips,” to appear soon! Also, SJ The Wordburglar has compiled a rarities collection called Burgie’s Basement, featuring collaborations, remixes and other dope material that fell through the cracks over the years in one way or another. Both of these albums will be available at every stop on the tour, as well as from on-line distributors such as iTunes and CDbaby!
Free Backburner MP3 from Wordburglars Burgie’s Basementhttp://ugsmag.com/media/backburner
Download here: http://sharebee.com/bfb1ade4
“Showtime in ’09” features rhymes by Timbuktu, Man Alive, Jesse Dangerously, More or Les, Choke, MC Frank Deluxe, SJ the Wordburglar, Thesis Sahib, Psybo and Ghettosocks (in that order), over a blend of beats by Fresh Kils and Timbuktu.
Cool beans…looking forward to the London show….
Fun times last night…..enjoy the tour
see you in montreal homies!
The rest of the tour is about to happen. I highly suggest anyone capable of hitting up one of these shows do so… Backburner knows how to throw a show. Lots of written and freestyle raps, banging beats, mpc work, DJ cuts, bragging and boasting, joking, and kicking your ass with your own foot…
The album is very good. Some great remixes, especially The Dirty Sample’s remix of “End Smartly,” Young Fes’s remix of “The Route,” and the smooth Fresh Kils remix of “Let’s Get Romantical.” Some new tracks with production from Beatmason, Peter Project, and Hotbox. And, of course, a few treasured rarities (I won’t ruin the bonus track by talking about it).
I’m excited for 3rdburglar!
hey First I herd of this tour totally dope wondering whoever is the promoter/booker for this contact me Id like to come over open at the Moncton Gig if theres a possibalty It be dope and id like to see The Extremities Ive played shows before with the rest I see SK playin in Sydney and couple hali guys in Hali
get at me !!
Wordburglar’s booking this tour as far as I understand… I’m not sure how often he’s checking his emails but you can try him at [email protected].
yo come out further west!
Comments are closed.